Penteo 5 Composer provides a powerful set of 5.1 surround upmixing tools that have been optimized for your VST or AU host system. Now composers can effortlessly make a 5.1 mix to go along with their stereo mix. Game design companies have a 5.1 workflow tool that can be embedded in game design. And sound designers get a surround mix of highest quality that is fully immersive with wide & discrete channel separation, while retaining the low frequency “slam” and front channel “punch.” Penteo delivers a clean upmix with no unwanted sonic artifacts because we do not introduce any phasing as part of our process. As a result, Penteo folds back 100% ITU to the original stereo track perfectly. Penteo 5 Composer also contains built-in presets to speed sound design workflows.
New features in Penteo 5 Composer:
- New & Enhanced DSP – Penteo’s algorithm has been optimized for all music types for even more channel separation & front “punch” across each of Penteo 5 Composer’s six Active Mode presets.
- Expanded fader ranges – With +/-50% more range, you now have complete control over the Center and Rear surround faders.
- 32/64 bit support for VST and AU formats allowing for full 64 bit processing. Penteo running in 64 bit mode can run over a third more Penteo instances compared to 32 bit.
- More intuitive interface – Penteo 5 Composer has a new graphic design with a cleaner, more intuitive look that makes navigation easier.
- VST3 implementation for improved sample-accurate automation.
- Improved usage controls – Penteo 5 Composer now has a choice of circular or vertical knob drag control options so that a sound designer can select the most natural feeling knob movement. Penteo 5 Composer is also fully enabled for multi-touch screen control, as an alternative to mouse controls.